The Canyon Sages was established in 2009 by the Topanga Town Council and envisioned as a youthful-spirited organization for Topangans. As a group for seniors of all ages, it holds most of its activities at the Topanga Community House. This year the TCC has given them regular time and space from 10-3 Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, offering in effect a mini-senior center.
We provide services and social programs for seniors of any age and encourage anyone who would like to participate to join and/or volunteer.
Sage Club Classes are often free or low-cost and are open to all.
- The Computer Club hosted by John Coffer.
- Photography Class series taught by Messenger photo editor, Katie Dalsemer.
- Meditation Class and Walking Club.
- The Book Club is held on the second Thursday of the month.
- Gardening classes
- Exercise classes
- Jackie Safanov’s Tai Chi and Qigong.
- Lisa Levinson conducts a very popular class in Pilates for Buff Bones.
- Zumba Betty completes the week with her upbeat Dance on Friday, $6 per class.
- Coming soon! Bingo.
Check the Calendar for the latest classes and schedules.
Other Special Events
The Sages also host special events like this season’s program, “Aging Gracefully and Disgracefully in Edith Pearlman’s Binocular Vision,” as well as other Talks and Poetry Readings.
Sages Socials are held on the first Friday of every month at 3:30 p.m. Join us for a fantastic free dinner and warm conversation.
If you are 50-plus and want to receive regular e-mail updates, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gabrielle at 310-455-1980.